Elections Assistant - Voter Registration/Absentee
Responsibilities of an Elections Assistant:
· Perform administrative tasks related to the voter registration system.
· Data entry of voter registration forms and absentee ballot request forms.
· Verification of other employee’s data entry by visual review.
· Scan forms using document scanners.
· Process and sort incoming mail and documents received over the counter.
· Customer service (in-person, telephone), answering incoming calls and solving election related questions.
· Log outgoing and incoming absentee ballot mailings in computer system.
· Assemble and package Absentee By Mail Envelopes.
· Fold and stuff outgoing mailings.
· Other clerical duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible to work in the US.
· Must be available to work full day and must be able to work up to 50-60 hour work week (including weekends) during election season.
· Must be able to type (a data entry assessment is required).
· Excellent customer service.
· Organization and attention to detail.
· Ability to learn election laws and processes and explain them to customers.
· Flexibility to perform different tasks throughout the day.
· Ability to maintain focus while doing repetitive tasks.
· Ability to lift up to 20 pounds (e.g. mail bins, stacks of forms or envelopes).
· Must maintain confidentiality of voter information and sign a confidentiality statement before being hired.
· Must have strong communication and customer service skills.
· Knowledge of Windows 10 OS and Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel).
· Data Entry of 10,000 keystrokes per hour or higher.
· $17-$18 Hourly
About Headway - Headway Workforce Solutions is a leading B2B (Business to Business) provider of workforce solutions with an array of contract-based integrated services and national staffing solutions. Passionate about our work and dedicated to our clients, we are committed to exceeding expectations in the human capital service sector. To learn more about us visit: www.headwaywfs.com
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, tuition assistance, education, social recreation programs and benefits.
By applying to this position, you hereby acknowledge and consent to being contacted via phone and text by our recruiters, should your application be selected for further consideration. #zr