Headway Hospitality is seeking experienced and detail-oriented Heavy Cleaners for our client in the New York City, NY area! Headway Hospitality focuses on providing high-quality workers to clients through Headway’s proprietary recruitment, talent acquisition, and workforce management practices. The pay range for this position is $21.59 to $22.59/hour . Shifts are full-time and vary. We are looking to start individuals immediately!
As a Heavy Cleaner, you will:
- The Heavy Cleaner will move materials and furniture as required.
- The Heavy Cleaner will report building malfunctions as instructed, i.e. power failures, leaks, building equipment and any other damages.
- Operate any/all motor-cleaning equipment to strip and wax floors, stairwells and corridors.
- Sweep and mop entrance lobby, stairwells and elevator landings.
- Polish marble or brass; wash walls and blackboards; clean mirrors, glass partitions, banisters and mailboxes, window-sills and baseboards in common area and dust assigned areas.
- The Heavy Cleaner will also clean all bathrooms and kitchens; remove spots and shampoo carpets; sweep and wash with hose exterior sidewalk, steps and courtyard.
- Dispose of trash and recycling as directed by supervisor or management; clean compactor room; check all drains and remove debris and inspect, restock, and clean all areas of the building.
- Additionally, the Heavy Cleaner will remove ice and snow and de-ice areas.
- Receive and store 55-gallon drums, household supplies, and equipment.
- Be responsible for the safekeeping, minor repairs, and preservation of all janitorial materials and equipment and perform other duties as assigned.
- In accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement, maybe required to respond to any emergency on a 24-hour basis, and may be required to work overtime.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent required.
- Good communication skills required. Must be physically fit to do extensive walking, stair climbing, lifting (maximum of 50lbs.) and carrying, and overhead work.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals..
Why You’ll Love Working with Us
- Easy to use mobile app for picking up shifts.
- Gain experience with TONS of different clients in various environments -- universities, concert venues, sports stadiums, and more!
- Competitive wage.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodation maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to lift to 25 lbs.
About Us: Headway Workforce Solutions is a leading B2B (Business to Business) provider of workforce solutions with an array of contract-based integrated services and national staffing solutions. Passionate about our work and dedication to our clients, we are committed to exceeding expectations in the human capital service sector. To learn more about us, visit https://www.headwaywfs.com/ .
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all employment terms and conditions, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, tuition assistance, education, social recreation programs, and benefits. By applying to this position, you hereby acknowledge and consent to being contacted via phone and text by our recruiters, should your application be selected for further consideration.