On behalf of our client, Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking Information Tech Assistants As an Information Tech Assistant, you will install, configure, and update election software on 300+ laptops. The pay for this position is $19-$20 per hour.
Responsibilities of an Information Tech Assistant:
· Install, configure and update election software on 300+ laptops.
· Test desktop printers and resupply with paper and toner.
· Test voting equipment and document results for official record.
· Troubleshoot computer hardware, software, and peripheral issues.
· Prepare peripherals for dispatch to voting locations (printers, barcode scanners, mice) including packing and custody control.
· Assist with setting up cabling and technical infrastructure at Early Voting Sites and BOE Training Rooms.
· Provide on-site technical support during election training and during Early Voting.
· Provide on-site and telephone technical support to voting locations during voting periods.
· Setup computer workstations for office staff.
· Periodically audit and inventory office tech supplies.
· Assist with basic software and programming related tasks.
· Process and resolve Helpdesk technical support tickets.
· Assist in reconciliation after each election.
· Must be available to work full days and must be able to work up to 50-60 hour work week (including weekends) during the election season.
· Must maintain confidentiality of voter information and sign a confidentiality statement before being hired.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible to work in the US.
· Must be available to work full days on all dates of voting.
· Must be able to type (a data entry assessment is required).
· Must be able to sit and stand for at least three hours.
· Must have reliable transportation. Driving is required for this position.
· Must have STRONG knowledge of Windows 10 OS and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Must be comfortable working in VARIOUS roles which may include physical labor, light tech support, site setup and equipment assembly, supply inventory, general office tasks, and other supporting roles.
· Assessments required unless stated otherwise.
Preferred Qualifications – Associates Degree Preferred (Equivalent Education and Related Work Experience Accepted):
· Hardware and Software installation.
· Knowledge of troubleshooting and problem solving with technology.
· Good communication and customer service skills.
· Ability to multitask and work in a face paced environment.
· $19-$20 Hourly
About Headway - Headway Workforce Solutions is a leading B2B (Business to Business) provider of workforce solutions with an array of contract-based integrated services and national staffing solutions. Passionate about our work and dedicated to our clients, we are committed to exceeding expectations in the human capital service sector. To learn more about us visit: www.headwaywfs.com
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, tuition assistance, education, social recreation programs and benefits.