Part-time Telephone Interviewer
Job type:Part time
Business Sector:Life, Physical, & Social Science
Post Date:November 10, 2023
On behalf of our client, Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking part-time remote Telephone Interviewers to support a study for DC Medicaid (aka DC Health Families). Interviewers must be residents of the District of Columbia (DC) and will be trained to conduct surveys with Medicaid beneficiaries in DC.
This will include fielding inbound calls from study participants to answer questions and to complete the survey over the telephone. This position will start December 11, 2023, and continue until April 30, 2024. The project will be interviewing people about beneficiaries’ services available, experiences with any of the services, and identify any barriers to access.
Benefits as a Telephone Interviewer:
- $19.03-$20.03 per hour/Paid training
- Health and welfare stipend of $4.54 per hour, up to 40 hours per week
- Consistent schedule offered – 20 hours per week with the possibility to work up to 40 hours per week based on performance, availability, and project needs
- Most interviewers are needed for the evening and weekend hours.
- Available shifts are listed below; qualified candidates must be available to work the full shift hours for the selected shift and maintain assigned shift for the duration of the assignment. Additional hours may be available, including extending shift times and evenings and weekends.
- 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM Monday – Friday
- 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM Saturdays
- 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM Sundays
Schedules will be adjusted based on sample release and mailing schedule for advance letter and the status of beneficiaries’ online surveys.
As a Telephone Interviewer, you will:
- Conduct 15-minute surveys with sample members as well as answer questions that are received via the customer’s respondent helpline.
- Accurately record details of each call and capture responses from study participants.
- Be on the phone the full shift and be comfortable making a high volume of calls with specific time constraints
- Read the questions clearly and verbatim to the participant
- Position Qualifications:
- Resident of District of Columbia
- High school diploma or GED required
- Strong attention to detail
- 6 months of customer service experience preferred; preferably in a government agency, hospitality, financial/banking, or professional office setting
- Experience with conducting telephone surveys preferred; preferably in a call center or working remotely
- Proficiency with troubleshooting and using computers
- Consent to a required background check
- Experience interviewing/working with people with mental illness
- (Preferred) ability to communicate in an alternate language (Spanish and/or Amharic)
Hours & Training:
- Required Training start December 11, 2023
- Successful completion of self-study and web-based training prior to outbound calling
- Work lasts through April 30, 2024
The physical demands to be described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Ability to sit for hours calling and interviewing respondents
- Ability to read, speak, and write in English clearly
- Ability to speak clearly and document responses accurately using
electronic systems to be made available to you
About Headway - Headway Workforce Solutions is a leading B2B (Business to Business) provider of workforce solutions with an array of contract-based integrated services and national staffing solutions. Passionate about our work and dedicated to our clients, we are committed to exceeding expectations in the human capital service sector. To learn more about us visit: www.headwaywfs.com.
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, tuition assistance, education, social recreation programs and benefits.
By applying to this position, you hereby acknowledge and consent to being contacted via phone and text by our recruiters, should your application be selected for further consideration.