Catering Supervisor- Durham Bulls
We are seeking an experienced Catering Supervisor to work at the Athletic Park in Durham for the events season. As a Catering Supervisor, you will assist with the coordination and execution of all Catering Events, Club, and Party Decks areas. May work directly with other departments as well as the Client. Assists 30-60 seasonal associates in following local food and alcohol regulations, while ensuring stock levels for products are maintained in accordance with Bull City Hospitality and applicable operational standards.
This position offers $15-$17/hr based on experience.
Hours vary based on events. Minimum 30 hours a week in the off-season.
Perks include generous discounts on all tickets and merchandise when you present your employee badge! Enjoy a fun and exciting atmosphere in our beautiful newly-renovated stadium, and meet your favorite MLB mascot, Wool E. Bull!
As a Catering Supervisor, you will:
· - Coordinates with management on finalizing and implementing all Banquet Event Orders for events.
· - Accurately communicate the BEO revisions with appropriate department with overall authorization residing with the manager.
· - Coordinates activities of the Catering Department on a per shift basis, including assisting with training and enforcing work procedures and service standards
· - Provides customer service including, problem resolution with associates, guests, and the operation with the assistance of management.
· - Ensures that all equipment is set up properly and operates efficiently and accurately as well as ensuring the equipment is presentable.
· - Provides feedback to managers on job performance of seasonal associates.
· - Ensures full compliance with state and federal labor laws, sanitation, food-related ordinances, and alcohol regulations.
· - Conducts regular physical inventories of food and beverage supplies, and assesses projected needs, updating all current pricing of inventory, entering the month end inventory.
· - Distributes products to locations as needed.
· - Ensures accuracy of all deliveries.
· - Adheres to and enforces inventory and labor control measures.
· - Performs opening and closing procedures for assigned area.
· - Performs other duties as assigned.
· - Working event times of mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
· - One or more years’ experience in the food & beverage industry highly desired.
· - Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instructions.
· - Ability to work independently and in a high stress, fast paced environment.
· - Must work well in a team environment.
· - Ability to work a varied schedule which may include evenings and weekends as required.
· - Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, Teams, and Web based software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in areas and conditions that are often noisy, have many distractions, and in various weather.
- Must be able to work inside and outside, stand, and walk for long periods of time.
Must be able to lift, carry and move with up to 50lbs in many environments, including outdoors and in extreme weather.
You will be contacted by Headway Workforce Solutions regarding this position.
About Headway: Headway Hospitality specializes in serving up high-quality workers to our clients in the hospitality industry. Through Headway's proprietary recruitment, talent acquisition, and workforce management practices, Headway provides committed hospitality staff throughout the United States. Headway Workforce Solutions is a leading B2B (Business to Business) provider of workforce solutions with an array of contract-based integrated services and national staffing solutions. Passionate about our work and dedication to our clients, we are committed to exceeding expectations in the human capital service sector. To learn more about us visit: www.headwaywfs.com
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, tuition assistance, education, social recreation programs and benefits.