Short Order Cook
Headway Hospitality is seeking experienced and detail-oriented Porters for our client in the New York City, NY area! Headway Hospitality focuses on providing high-quality workers to clients through Headway’s proprietary recruitment, talent acquisition, and workforce management practices. The pay range for this position is $18.43 to $19.43/ hour. Various shifts available. We are looking to start individuals immediately!
As a Short Order Cook, you will:
- Prepare and cook to order a variety of foods that require only a short preparation time. Take orders from customers and serves patrons
- Completes order from grill and/or steamtable and serves customer
- Orders, receives and stores necessary food and supplies and maintains related records
- Complies with the rules of Dining Services in regard to production and serving
- Uses and maintains tools and equipment in a proper manner, including, but not limited to, steamtables, coffee brewing equipment and food display cases
- Cleans, prepares and keeps in order the area and equipment used in the job and other areas as assigned by the Manager
- Observes and practices safety standards
- Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- 40-hour workweek availability
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a kitchen environment preferred
- Previous experience as a Pantry Worker a plus
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods
- Ability to lift to 25 lbs
About Us: Headway Workforce Solutions is a leading B2B (Business to Business) provider of workforce solutions with an array of contract-based integrated services and national staffing solutions. Passionate about our work and dedication to our clients, we are committed to exceeding expectations in the human capital service sector. To learn more about us, visit https://www.headwaywfs.com/ .
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all employment terms and conditions, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, tuition assistance, education, social recreation programs, and benefits.